We have learned a lot over these two years... but what a picture couldn't capture in any of our newsletters is how these individuals have shaped our understanding of Christ and His life poured out for us.
I'll never forget being paralyzed by fear of the Cartel on one of our road trips into Mexico, as sweet baby Noah slept peacefully in his carseat. Realizing the juxtaposition of the scenario I became heavy with conviction. This infant, in complete dependence of his parents, slept soundly, knowing his needs would be provided for, trusting that he would be looked after. I needed to take a cue from the little one and trust my Dad. Here I was, putting my trust and faith in myself, leaning on my own understanding of the situation and allowing it all to manifest itself into out a forest fire of anxiety. That moment, without even saying a word, little Noah and his family shed light on so much of the sin I hadn't even realized I was holding onto. The faith this family demonstrated by simply taking this trip changed my understanding of God and the heart posture and attitude I have towards His role as my Father as he leads and guides me.
As if being blinded by the overhead light at the dentist office, all I could see was the image of little Noah sleeping peacefully as I fret.
And then it came time for me to speak. All the eyes still staring, I realized it wasn't the impending doom of orating that was gripping my throat. It was the loss of these friends, the end of this season. I had no fear, because my Father knows me, He is watching after me, I am His. And so I shared without hesitation how a sleeping baby showed me my Father's love.
Thank you sweet Noah, you are a gift, I will miss you, your sisters and your parents very much! Remember to pray for us in "Panada"! Love you!
![]() |
| courtesy Jessica Bennett |

No comments:
Post a Comment