banner

Sep 25, 2013

A Story from Our September Trip to Mexico



The Story Behind This Photo
As we entered the house I was apprehensive. I wasn't sure if the couple inside would remember who we were or how they would receive us. All I really knew about them is that they were not christians. The older man was standing on his porch and when he saw us he invited us in. So we gathered in their family room and asked how they were doing. After a few minutes the opportunity arose to share with them the message of the gospel. I gave them each a copy of the gospel presentation I wrote in Spanish. They followed along as I read. They seemed to be very receptive and encouraging as I stumbled through various Spanish words. As I finished the presentation my heart was filled with joy because I was able to share the truth of the gospel with them and we invited them to a Bible study that we are hoping to have with other non believers next trip.

We hope that God will allow us to continue to get to know this couple. Pray to that end. We hope do share a meal with them soon so pray that God would open that door.

No comments: